Posted June 27, 2018
Bench Brewing now open in BeamsvilleTweet
Beamsville – Bench Brewing Co. is now open at 3991 King Street at in Beamsville.
Founded in 2016 by Matt Giffen – the company has been brewing beer on a contract basis with a focus on farmhouse and sour ales.
Built around former Maple Grove public school, the 16,500 sq-ft brewery will feature a 50hl brewing system, retail store, and 80-person tap room, 85-person beer garden, 3 acres of hop yard (plus 24 aces off site), 14 foeders, and a large coolship.
“Our goal is to be stewards of our incredible location in the Twenty Valley. We will use our land to its full potential by growing our own hops, cultivating our own yeast strains, using a coolship for our wild ales and sour beers, and aging our beers in wine barrels from our neighbouring vineyards. Our beers will always be inspired and influenced by our land, which is how we will always stay true to our roots”, explains Bench Brewing.
Beer availability will include:
- Ball’s Falls Session IPA (tap room and retail)
- Twenty Mile Farmhouse Ale (tap room and retail)
- Stone Road White Ale (tap room and retail)
- Citra Grove Dry Hopped Sour (tap room and retail)
- Simcoe Grove Dry Hopped Sour (tap room-only)
- Oak Grove Barrel Aged Sour – aged 4 months in Twenty Valley Wine Barrels (tap room-only)
- Clean Slate Brett Saison (tap room and retail)
- VIO Brett Saison with Viognier Grapes – grapes harvested adjacent to brewery (tap room and retail)
- Bewilder Brett IPA (tap room-only)
Daily operating hours are Mon-Sun 11am-9pm.