Posted September 26, 2014
Details announced for Ontario Craft Brewers Conference 2014
Toronto, ON – The Ontario Craft Brewers today released details for its third annual Ontario Craft Brewers Conference & Suppliers Marketplace on Thursday, October 16, 2014 at the Allstream Centre at Exhibition Place.
The 2014 event features 30+ speakers, 17 event topics and 45 brewing industry suppliers on site for the expected 350+ attendees.
“The craft brewing industry is expanding worldwide,” says Sybil Taylor, Communications Director, Steam Whistle Brewing and Chair of Ontario Craft Brewers’ Conference Advisory Committee. “In the past decade, we have seen tremendous growth in craft brewing in Ontario and our conference has responded with an expanded agenda to address the opportunities and issues facing our craft brewing brethren. Our Suppliers Marketplace is 28% larger than last year and we hope to double our attendance from the first year.”
- Keynote – International Craft Beer Trends, Stephen Beaumont, Beer Authority
- Building Your Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience, Rebecca Leheup, Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance
- How To Start To Do Business With LCBO, Leanne Rhee & Mark Wilson, Lcbo
- Building Business By Bettering Your Brand, James Morris, Communications & Brand Strategy
- Social Media 101: Craft Beer Community Building, Leslie Hughes, Punch Media
- Trends & Innovation In Packaging, Glass Bottles And Glassware, Valeria Jasarevic, Wine Village, Chris Johnston, Steam Whistle
- Real World Sustainability, Cher Mereweather, Provision Coalition & Steve Beauchesne, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co.
- Protecting Your Brand: Trademark Law, Paul Braunovan, Perley-roberston, Hill & McDougal
- Contract Brewing, Risks & Rewards, Gary Gillman, Gillman Professional Corporation, Barristers & Solicitors & Michael Hancock, Side Launch Brewing
- Financing Brewery Growth And Government Grants & Incentives, Andrew Luetchford, Joanna Gibbons, Michael Ligas And Jennifer Loscher, Deloitte
- Quality Assurance: A Roadmap, Colin Banting, Steam Whistle, Vera Morton, Mill Street Brewery & Mark Benzaquen, First Key Consulting
- Setting Up A Microlab, Andy Gould, Professional Services Ltd.
- Ontario Hops Rubbing, Melanie Doerksen & Nicholas Schaut, Ontario Hops Growers’ Association
- Yeast Propogation: Best Practices, Kara Taylor, White Labs
- Hr Basics: Health & Safety And Employment Law 101, Jason Beeho, Rubin Thomlinson
- & Matthew Badrov, Sherrard Kuzz
- Maintaining Keg Integrity, Chris Nimptsch, Profamo
- Stop Wasting C02, Melissa Reid, Acme Concord Corp.
The conference day ends with a Craft Beer & Cheese Social followed by an industry after-party hosted at the Mill St. Beer Hall at 8pm.
General admission tickets are $200 or $165 when buying four or more.