Posted July 11, 2016
How many breweries are in Canada? The latest numbers
Ottawa – At the end of 2015, Canada had 644 breweries operating across the country, up from 520 in 2014, according to new data released today by Beer Canada.
So far in 2016, over 40 new brewers have opened in Ontario with about 75 more in-planning.
Highlights from Beer Canada’s 2015 Industry Trends report:
- Canadians enjoyed 22,707,133 hectolitres of beer in 2015
- The number of licensed breweries in Canada has risen almost 108% over the past five years
- Ontario and Québec account for more than half of Canada’s beer production
- Canned beer now accounts for 54.7% of beer sold in Canada
- Retail prices for beer in Canada increased 4.9%
- Canadians drank 63.34 litres per person based on total population