Posted August 22, 2018
Teams announced for Great Ontario-Hopped Craft Beer Competition 2019
The yearly competition aims to foster collaboration and commerce between Ontario hop growers and brewers, while promoting the use of local hops.
The 19 brewery + hop grower teams – brewing a New England-style IPA – are:
- Great Lakes Brewery + VQH Farms
- Muddy York Brewing + VQH Farms
- Wellington Brewery + Hayhoe Hops
- Dominion City Brewing + Hayhoe Hops
- Brock St. Brewing + Chlodowig Farms
- Goose Island Brewhouse + Highland Hop Yard
- Elora Brewing + CanAussie Farms
- Steam Whistle Brewing + MeadowSweet Farm
- The Blue Elephant Craft Brew House + Great Canadian Hops Co.
- Church-Key Brewing Co. + Lot 17 Hop Yard
- Saulter Street Brewery + Skookum Hops
- Charlotteville Brewing Co. + Carolinian Hop Yard
- Upper Thames Brewing Co. + The Tavistock Hop Co.
- Grand River Brewing + Hops of Pelham + Snihur Ridge
- Goodlot Farmstead Brewing + Goodlot Farm
- Duggan’s Brewery + Heritage Hill Hop Yard & Nursery
- Shakespeare Brewing + Better Brew Hops
- Steel Wheel Brewery + The Bickle Farm Valley Hops
- Magnotta Brewery + Hops of Pelham + Snihur Ridge
Judging takes place Wednesday February 21, 2019 during the annual Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Convention in Niagara Falls.